– Understand and explain United Nations sustainable development goals and Agenda 2030
– Understand and explain how the ecological, economical and social dimensions are
interrelated in creating sustainability
– Understand and explain the causes/reasons of climate change
– Understand and explain how climate change will affect market and economy
– Get familiar with tools used for achieving a change towards a low carbon society
– Understand and analyze how climate change challenges the different fields of work and
– Apply and analyze different aspects of sustainable living in everyday life
– To understand the basic scientific definition of sustainable development,
the Framework for Sustainable Development, and the necessity for it’s integration into real
In this module the student will learn the basics of a science and principles based definition
of Sustainable Development, also known as the Framework for Sustainable Development
After the course student will also understand the causes/reasons of climate change as well
as, by using back-casting as a concept and using systems based tool to design
the needed societal transformation to a carbon neutral society and a sustainable future.
In this course students will also reflect what are the key elements of sustainable well-being.
Can sustainability and life satisfaction be achieved together?
VG, G (för betygssättning)
Utbildningsprogrammet för företagsekonomi
Exam, approved assignments
|Kurslitteratur och studiematerial
Course material will be available in Moodle.
Starting level: none.
Linkage with other courses:
B365301 Sustainable Finance, 5 ECTS
B365401 Future Megatrends and Vocational Competences ECTS
Introduced in the student card
Lectures, individual assignments, group work.
All course material will be in English. Contact teaching will be held in English. Contact teaching will be organized as a hybrid, including both classroom teaching and online teaching, still taking account current instructions of Covid-19.
This course will be piloted as a part of SuFi-project with international cooperation together with partners from Åland, Finland, Estonia and Lithuania, www.sufi.fi. The project is funded by EU Interreg Central Baltic funds.